In their statement on Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship, the U.S. Catholic bishops remind Catholics about the call to participate in political life. "In the Catholic tradition," they write, "responsible citizenship is a virtue, and participation in political life is a moral obligation" (no. 13). Visit www.faithfulcitizenship.org today to read the statement, watch videos, and access other great resources to help us build a better society and world.
Videos for Reflection and Awareness
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Overview/Introduction with reference to the four themes in the shorter videos. 6 minutes.
- Theme: Catholics Participate in Public Life 2:12 minutes
- Theme: Catholics Protect Human Life and Dignity 2:05 minutes
- Theme: Catholics Promote the Common Good 1:44 minutes
- Theme: Catholics Love Their Neighbor 2:27 minutes
Video Series Produced by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati
- Build the Kingdom produced by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (find at ivotecatholic.org). 7 short videos, each focused on a theme from Catholic social teaching